Prior to this post, majority of my blog posts were mostly related to technology and our way of living. However, in this post, I would like to introduce my interest in baking. Although I am not an expert in baking, one thing I really like to bake is chocolate muffins.
Chocolate muffins are not only one of my favorite snack, but also has an easy recipe to learn.
First of all, the ingredients are…
3/4 stick butter
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (or substitute chocolate chips)
2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder (the recipe says to sift it, but I didn’t)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
When all the ingredients are ready, it is extremely essential to measure the exact amount individually. 1) The first thing to do is to preheat the oven to about 370 degrees. Fit the molds in a regular size muffin pan.
2) Then, melt the butter and half of the chocolate in a microwave.
3) Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
4) In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg, and vanilla all together. Combine it gently and slowly so that they don’t get mixed too much.
5) Divide the batter and bake for about 20~25 minutes.
6) 20~25 minutes passed, cool the muffins for few minutes and remove them on wire racks.